Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Update on Papa

(This is Leslie posting for Papa and Grammy.)

Dad did not have surgery today after all. He is scheduled to have both surgeries for his wrists and his face fractures tomorrow morning beginning at 8 a.m. The doctor said the cranio-facial team will work probably at least seven hours. Pray for my Mom especially to have peace, myself and my sister as well. Also pray for my Dad to be comforted as only God can and that the surgery will be successful, for the doctors and nurses and surgical teams, and for God to be evident through this terrible accident and Dad's recovery from it. Some of my blog readers might remember that Papa helped "hold down the fort" at Jonah's 10th birthdday party while we were in China and Grammy was recovering from emergency surgery. He is a great husband, father, son-in-law, father-in-law and Papa! Here is a picture of Papa with the boys at Jonah's birthday party.



And these two are from Jackson's birthday party this summer. You can see all of his grandchildren plus another cousin who calls him "Papa" too!


5 comments:

Sandy said...

Praying for all of you

Sandy

Cheri said...

We are praying here also.

Tisra said...

I followed you over here, Leslie. I am praying for all requests- and as the Spirit urges!

Tisra
mommy to three, waiting on our fourth blessing via adoption
http://lifetrain.blogspot.com
www.tisrafadelyoriginals.etsy.com

Naomi said...

Please know that I will be praying for Papa tomorrow!! What a dear and special person you are to all your family. I know that God has a plan in this. I will be praying for a good surgery and quick recovery.

Naomi

Anonymous said...

Darnell Family~ We are praying for you. Blessings and peace to you through your recovery. We are thankful for God's protection over you! Heal quickly!
Larry and Kate W.