Sunday, November 2, 2008

SLEEP OVER AT GRAMMYLAND THE NIGHT BEFORE


Grammys dad, Oldtimer eating watermellon July 4th, 08
This pix has nothing to do with this post, just thought it was cute


Grammy and Papa plan to have the boys sleep over Monday night. They haven't been in quite a while. They get to come more when school is not in session. The girls are planning to come after school and stay until bedtime. Susannah is not yet able to spend the night. Caroline is coming to be with her until bedtime. They all love to come. There are many things to do here. Their favorite things are playing with toys in the basement and riding go carts.

We went to church today. It was a real good service. We did a good special music piece. Four of us had solo parts. We all felt the Lord in that place today. We also had a real good bible study following the morning worship service. Our pastor M. is a down to earth guy. He is a really good man. He and his wife adopted five children in the same family ranging from four to twelve. They have had them a year now. The children have adjusted really well.

Black powder hunting season opened for deer November 1. I have not gone yet but plan to go before it closes Nov. 8. I would like to see a big buck. Only a hunter would understand hunting deer. It is a good sport and people do eat the animals. I usually give them to people who really like deer meat. I am not real fond of it.

I will go for now and will post again after the sleep over tomorrow. They will go home on Tuesday afternoon. I will take some pix of them. Papa

1 comment:

Darlette said...

Brenda and Larry,

I am not sure how quickly you will get this comment, but I am so worried about Mr. Larry (Papa). I can't believe what happened today. I just read the "details" on Leslie's blog about his entire list of injuries. I am so sorry for what has happened. I am praying that God will lay his healing hand upon him, give him some comfort, and take away all of his pain. I can't imagine his pain, discomfort, and frustration. I am thankful that his injuries were not life threatening, because he sure did fall a long way on concrete.

Just know that we are here if you need anything at all. I will call tomorrow to check on you both. Can I do anything to help? I will come visit you on Wednesday after my client meeting, so it will probably be after lunch sometime. Know that you and Larry are not alone through this and that you are loved greatly by us and so many others. You have many prayer warriors praying for Larry and you. God's strength and love will see you through this situation and provide the physical and emotional healing that you need at this time. We love you as our family and thank God for you both being in our life.

Love and blessings,
Darlette, Rodney, Adie, and Kaylie