Saturday, February 21, 2009

Day after sergury




Surgery went really well. The people who attended me at Vanderbi*t were wonderful. I have no complaints of my care. They took two hours to lift and move outward my right eye to alignment. I can see straight ahead now. It is still blurred which is normal. I still have double vision when I look up, down, left and right but the dr. said we would have to wait a week or two to see if that corrects. If now I will have to have muscle surgery also. I am so thankful for the straight vision. I do not have to tilt my head to see anymore. I was very apprehensive about being put under again general so close to the other one where I saw weird things in my room. I thought the room and bed and covers were made of Lego blocks and the walls were red with moving lines in them. In the back of my mind I was afraid I would not wake up. So I had my preacher and best friend pray for peace about that. Many others were also including Brenda and I. Well to show you how powerful prayer is while I was waiting to get into surgery the anesthetist came into the room to talk to me. She left and some few minutes later she came back and said I remember you. I put you to sleep the first time you were hurt. Well the peace came immediately because I knew she was present when I was under 12 hours. So if you still don't believe in prayer I don't know how to convince you. That hospital is too large and so many people who put you under for that to be a coindense. That is my testimony of the day. I am doing well and am still thankful for all God has done for me this far. God Bless each who reads this message. I am enclosing a funny pix and a pix of me after surgery. One is a glove wrong side out filled with ice which I have to put on 40 min and off 20 min through tomorrow. I was eating supper and felt something funny on my face and it was a finger of the glove that had melted ice and and fell down. I still have a sense of humor. Papa

No comments: