Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Hand Therapy and Eye Surgery


Pix has nothing to do with my problems I am just
thinking about the next 4th of July.


I am going to hand therapy two times a week now. It is very strenuous bending on my hands and I have to go through several exercises on them at home also. It takes me 2 hours a day to do all of it. They are getting much better. My right hand has allot of strengthening and loosening up to do but it is getting there. I went to my eye surgeon yesterday. I have eye surgery on Feb. 20 which happens to be my 66Th birthday. I will be real glad to be able to see single vision without tilting my head back. She said it is a 23 hour deal. I will be put under general anesthesia. She said that I might have to have some muscle surgery later if the vision is not completely corrected. My right eye is 10 mm lower than the left. It will be lifted and tilted somewhat. My jaws are healing but I still have some difficulty on the left side. The joint was completely destroyed. I can eat but have to be careful. I am still thankful to be alive and able to tell everyone my struggles and how I am overcoming them. It is also very important for me to tell you it is with the help of God and Jesus my savior that I am able to be thankful and very hopeful for a full recovery. If not a full the very best that I can have. I know that he is with me and has been through all of my trials. I will update after eye surgery. Larry

6 comments:

laurie said...

So glad to hear that you are making progess and that you are staying so positive and such a witness for what God is doing in your life.

Tisra said...

Praise God for how far you've come! Looks like your daughter Leslie does not fall far from the tree... you are both inspiring testaments to God's gracious love, and tender mercy. I'll be praying for your continued healing.

Tisra
adopting Dorothy from India, waiting to travel (hopefully this summer)
http://lifetrain.blogspot.com
www.tisrafadelyoriginals.etsy.com

Gramma said...

Hello! Just wanted you to know that a blog follower in Austin ,Texas is sending good vibes and healing prayers your way. May God continue to bless you and your amazing family.
Hang in there!

Nancy said...

Best wishes to you as you continue to heal. You are one strong and determined man!

Anonymous said...

Praying that your eye surgery will go well this Friday and also that the physical therapy will continue to go smoothly ! I know how PAINFUL it is but do everything they tell you to do.
Praying for you and your family,
Ellen (GA)

babslb said...

Mr. Darnell,
I am so glad you are doing better - that is alot of exercise time! I will pray for you during your next surgery and happy 66th!
Stefanie Bishop