Tuesday, July 14, 2009

It has been a long time since I have been on my blog. I am updating you on my life now. I have gotten my bridge in the front of my mouth and also my two partial plates. I can eat better now but the teeth seem very strange since I was without them for eight months. I have recovered very well. I still have some lingering difficulties. I can live with them though.

We had our annual fourth-of-July get-to-gather and has a really good day. We have celebrated many birthdays since I was last on. The oldest member was J.C. my wife's dad who turned 90. He is doing good for that age.

We are working in vacation bib*le sch*ool at our church this week. It is at night this year. We are having a fairly good turn out. Though it is better in the day time. I am the photographer. I have taken many pictures.

My pastor asked for us to tell one person this week how we came to know Jesus. I promised I would and I decided to tell everyone who reads this blog.

I was 13 years old when one revival day my mom talked me into going up and confessing to know Jesus as my Lord and Savior. I did it for her but I was not saved. I married at 20 and my wife and I attended church sometime. She was a Christian. I was being convicted that I needed Him and one Sunday I went forward and accepted Jesus as my Lord and Savior and was baptised. Many years passed and I felt saved at times and others not. I as you may know from previous blogs suffer from depression and anxiety. I had a really bad bout with this for a year or so when my children were very young. I was at work one day and felt compelled to go to my church and meet with my pastor. I did and met with him in his office. I was suffering from depression at that time. I felt again that I was not saved. I poured out my heart and again accepted Jesus as Lord and Savior. Now you do not have to do this but once if it is real the first time. I cannot tell you which time it was real. I do know that I know God and Jesus. I know He helped me through depression and my accident. I still suffer from depression. I still have doubts weather I am saved of not and people tell me if you are you know without a doubt that you are but I tell you and them that if you have illnesses like depression and anxiety you do not always think rationally. You have to walk a mile in other peoples shoes to know their feelings. So if you are a Christian and having doubts in this matter, you cannot keep being saved over and over as I was trying to do, three times in fact. You have to finally come to the conclusion that you are and that is that. I do not know how you do that because I haven't been able to but I am trying. I hear people talk about how they know without a doubt and I long for that even though I know I am saved. I hope I haven't confused anyone. In closing to know that you know that you know (an old saying) is very hard for me and I imagine it is for many of you. That is my conversion experience and I hope that it has help others and not hurt. I am a Christian who struggles with different things each day, but if you trust God to guide you He will.

Your friend, Larry

2 comments:

Wife of the Pres. said...

Great post D. Thanks for your honesty. I am certain it will help someone who reads it.

Glad you are posting again! I always enjoy reading and am blessed by your posts.

I love you.

Anonymous said...

I'm visiting from your daughter's blog. This post is so helpful to me. I feel the same way about being saved. Without missing more than a week of church here and there, serving on committees and teaching Sunday school, I've lost my way and thought I needed to accept Jesus again. I've only prayed about it but it's so good to know others feel the same. Good to know might not be the best way to put it...misery loves company! My prayers are with you. kara